PLEASE DO NOT USE THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO ORDER REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS OR BOOK/CANCEL APPOINTMENTS!
How to get a repeat prescription.
We have a computerised repeat prescription service. Repeat prescriptions are normally for patients with long-term conditions who receive regular treatment. Your doctor (or Clinical Practitioner) will decide who can have a repeat prescription. From time to time we will ask you to see your doctor (Clinical Practitioner) to review your medication. We do this to monitor your illness and medication.
How can I order my repeat prescription?
- Register with reception to order your repeat medications securely online through our website: https://georgeclare.ngsw.co.uk/order-repeat-prescriptions
- Fax your completed request form to the surgery on: 01354 695415
- Complete your repeat prescription request form and drop it off at the surgery either in the dedicated post box or at reception
- Deliver your completed repeat prescription request to Lloyds Pharmacy and they will do the rest.
Please allow at least 3 working days before collection, repeat request via Lloyds Pharmacy may take longer.
To avoid delays please use the counterfoil from your previous presciption (the white, right hand side piece) to order repeat medications whenever possible.
My medication has run out and I have forgotten to put in my repeat prescription request.
If you have run out of your medication then you can:
- Contact the surgery and request your medication urgently
- Contact your usual pharmacy who may be able to issue you an emergency supply. (Please note that there may be a charge for this service).
Please be aware that the staff at the surgery will do their best to accomodate urgent requests but they are very busy so they appreciate your patience.
The automated phone system only offers me an appointment in a few days time.
Please note that the automated phone system has only a limited pool of available appointments for both on the day and routine appointments, those for on the day appointments book up very rapidly from from 8.30am leaving only the routine ones available. More appointments are made available each morning but they do get allocated very rapidly, if there are no on the day appointments available and you need to see a doctor that day then please contact reception who will be happy to assist you.
How do I book a home visit from a doctor?
Home visits are only available for those with a genuine medical need and are too ill to travel to the surgery. If you need a visit you should phone the surgery between 8.30 and 10.30am to enable to doctors to plan their visits efficiently. When you phone you must give full details of the problem.